KOffice 2.1 RC 1 was released some time back. While KOffice has always been an inferior alternative to Open Office, the new release has seen some improvements, most notably in the handling of Microsoft Office documents. In this article, we show you how to install KOffice 2.1 RC 1 in Kubuntu 9.10 (or Ubuntu 9.10).
To install KOffice 2.1 RC 1, just follow the following steps:
- In terminal, enter the command given below to edit the repository source file. (If you are in Ubuntu, you should replace "kate" in the command given with "gedit".)
sudo apt-get kate /etc/apt/sources.list
- In the source.list file add the following lines and save.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/beta/ubuntu karmic main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/beta/ubuntu karmic main
- Add the GPG key with the command given below
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 8AC93F7A
- Update the source list with the command
sudo apt-get update
- Then install KOffice 2.1 RC 1 with the command:
sudo apt-get install koffice-kde4
Related Posts by Tags: karmic, kde, koala, KOffice, Kubuntu, ubuntu