Apple just released iOS 5 beta 2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices for Developers. iOS 5 Build 9A5248d is available now in the Dev Center for registered iOS developers. It will support the same hardware as the earlier release. It will run on running on iPad 2 WiFi GSM & CDMA, iPad, iPhone 4 CDMA & GSM, iPhone 3GS, and iPod touch 3G & 4G. Beta 2 includes several bug fixes and enhancements, including improved battery life on all devices. Apple has also made available new iTunes 10.5 Beta 2 and Apple TV Software beta 2 for developers.
The features and changes which are available in this release are:
- WiFi Syncing : With iTunes 10.5 beta 2, and iOS 5 beta 2, wireless sync now works. It requires iTunes 10.5 beta 2 and OS X 10.6.8 or Lion. Wireless syncing must be enabled in iTunes first. The version of iTunes that comes with this release cannot sync devices that have the beta 1 software installed.
- iCloud : When first setting up the device, you now have the option to backup your data to iCloud or the computer. iCloud has a new logo in Settings.
- iOS 5 beta 1 devices can’t iMessage iOS 5 beta 2 devices and vice-versa.
- If there are no notifications in Notification Center, “No New Notifications” will appear on the screen.
- There is a new way the notifications are handled. A new notification appears in a bubble like it did on iOS 4. When another notification is received, the earlier goes at the top of the lock screen and can be accessed by dragging down from the top.
- Group by Album Artist feature is also available.
- General speed improvements over the earlier release and some bug fixes are also there.
Developers can download iOS 5 beta 2 from here. If you’re just experimenting to check out the functionality, you can always downgrade from iOS 5 beta back to iOS 4.3.3 if you decide that it does not suit you.
Related Posts by Tags: Apple, ios 5, iOS 5 Beta