It seems like Google is on a roll these days after the launch of Google+ . Google is rolling out five new inbox styles for Gmail that will suite users according to the way they use Gmail.
Users will be able to pick different styles from a tab at the top. The different styles that is being rolled out are:
- Classic – This is the default inbox view that is already in use now. With this style, emails are arranged chronologically.
- Priority Inbox – With this inbox style, unread important messages appear at the top. Users can customize this further. Google launched the Priority Inbox as a way to increase productivity last year.
- Important First – With this style, the important emails are put at the top regardless of whether they are read or unread.
- Unread First – This style places the unread emails at the top.
- Starred First – Emails that the user have starred are placed at the top with this style.
Google is in the process of rolling out this feature. I have not got it yet, but I love the current “Classic” style and doubt if any of the new themes can better it.
Has this feature been rolled out for you? What is your opinion?
You might also be interested in the new look for Gmail that Google is rolling out as a part of its redesign.
Related Posts by Tags: gmail, Google