How To Change The Kickoff Logo To A Kubuntu Logo in Kubuntu 9.04
In Kubuntu 9.04 the Kubuntu logo has been replaced by the KDE logo at the Kickoff button. While this is purely cosmetic, some people (me included) would like to get back the Kubuntu logo, after all we are using Kubuntu. In this article we show you how to replace the KDE Kickoff logo with a Kubuntu logo.
To replace the KDE Kickoff logo with a Kubuntu logo, just follow the following steps:
- Make sure that you are using at least KDE 4.3. You can check your KDE version by opening any KDE application and then Help -> About KDE. As of the time of writing this article the latest stable KDE version is 4.3.1. If you are running some other previous version, it is recommended that you upgrade to the latest one.
- Save the picture given below. This is going to be your new Kickoff button. This picture is originally a part of franciscot's Kubuntu start button 0.2.
- Right click on the Kickoff button and click on Application Launcher Settings.
- In the Application Launch Settings window, under General, click on the KDE icon. The Select Icon - Plasma Workspace window will come up.
- In the Select Icon window, click on the Other icons radio button. The Browse button next to it will become active. Click on the Browse button and select the picture you have saved in Step 2. Click Ok in the subsequent two open windows.
- And it is done. You will now see the Kubuntu logo in the Kickoff button instead of the KDE logo.
If you are using a version of KDE prior to 4.3, you might want to use franciscot's Kubuntu start button 0.2. However, I have not used it and cannot comment on if it works or not.