Mozilla announced in their blog that the final build of their Firefox web browser is now available for Nokia's Maemo platform. Maemo is a linux based smart phone OS which currently powers the Nokia N900. Firefox for Maemo brings many features that is part of the desktop Firefox on the mobile platform.
Firefox for Maemo comes with some features that desktop Firefox users should already be familar like:
- Awesome Bar – Go to your favorite sites in just a couple of keystrokes with intelligent and personalized searching
- Weave Sync – Sync your Firefox tabs, history, bookmarks and passwords between your desktop and mobile device for a seamless browsing experience
- Add-ons – Customize your Firefox by adding small pieces of functionality, like games and news readers, that help make the mobile Web browser your own
- Location-Aware Browsing – Get maps and information relevant to your location
- Tabbed browsing – View open tabs as thumbnails to easily identify and select the Web page you’d like to go to next
- Safe Browsing – Get an Instant Web Site ID and easily access and edit security settings
- Available in more than 30 languages and counting
This is the first time any mobile web browser brings support for add-ons. You can choose from various add-ons like AdBlock Plus, TwitterBar, YouTube Enabler etc. Currently more than 40 add-ons are available for this platform.
Nokia N900 users can download Firefox for their device from http://firefox.com/mobile.
[via Mozilla Blog]