Choqok is a micro-blogging client for KDE and in my opinion, one of the best at that. Recently, the Choqok team released the first beta towards Choqok 1.0. It has various improvements like:
- Actions to subscribe/unsubscribe and block a user, added to User menu.
- Support to attach a file (like image) to a dent in StatusNet/Identica(>0.9).
- Ability to select which timelines we like to have in one account.
- And 2 new timelines for Twitter and Statusnet/Identica accounts: Public timeline and Favorites
- Optional ReTweet/ReDent prefix.
- And some new plugins.
In this article we will tell you how you can install Choqok 1.0 Beta 1 in (K)Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala.
To install, it follow the steps:
- Open Konsole.
- Add the Kubuntu Beta Backport with the command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta
- Update the software list with the command:
sudo apt-get update
- Finally, install Amarok 2.3 Beta 1 with the command:
sudo apt-get install choqok
Related Posts by Tags: beta, choqok, install, karmic koala, kde, Kubuntu