Chrome has graduated to the 10th grade after Google officially announced the availability of Google Chrome 10. This new version of Chrome has a plethora of new features and is available for download on all Linux, Windows and Macintosh OS platforms. Chrome 10 is very fast and pages load within a blink of your eye (provide you have a good internet connection).
Here is a list of the new features in Google Chrome 10:
- Settings pages now open in a tab, rather than a dialog box. The settings page also has a search functionality. Here is a video explaining the same:
- Chrome 10 now reports malware and disables outdated plugins by default.
- Adobe Flash in Chrome runs in a sandbox in Chrome 10 for Windows.
- Chrome 10 has Password sync as part of Chrome Sync and is enabled by default. This feature will prove to be an advantage not only for the browser, but also from Google Chrome OS.
- Other new features include support for GPU Accelerated Video, Background WebApps and webNavigation extension API.
Downloading Chrome 10
If you are already using the Chrome browser on your computer, then it will automatically update to Chrome 10 so that you can enjoy all the goodness of Chrome 10 without much hassle. Also, Windows users might want to check: Settings => About => Check for updates. Still, if you need to download Google Chrome 10 manually then visit this link: www.google.com/chrome.
After you install Chrome 10, you should take a look at these 7 extensions which you must install on your chrome browser.
Related Posts by Tags: chrome, chrome 10, download, Google, google chrome, gpu, hardware, Web