Recently Facebook has launched support for XMPP in its chat. This is good news for many and now it is no longer necessary to have a separate plugin to enable Facebook Chat in any chat client supporting Jabber. In this article, we will show you how to enable Facebook chat in Kopete, the default chat client in KDE SC.
To enable Facebook chat in Kopete, simply follow the steps given below:
- Open Kopete and go to Settings -> Configure -> Accounts. Then click on Add Account.
- Select Jabber, click on Next.
- Under Basic Connection, enter your Jabber Id as <username>@chat.facebook.com.
- You can see your username here, if you don't know it.
- Under Connection, uncheck Use Protocol Encryption (SSL).
- Click Next and then Finish.