How To Switch To WebKit in Konqueror Browser [KDE SC 4.5 / Kubuntu]
With KDE Software Compilation 4.5, you can use WebKit in Konqueror instead of the default KHTML. There are several advantages of using WebKit over KHTML. Although WebKit started out as a fork of KTHML, it has gone ahead of KHTML. It is in fact much faster than with KHTML.
I have been trying to figure out how to set Konqueror to use WebKit by default since yesterday night. This morning KDE developer Aaron Seigo pointed out to me how I can do it.
So, here is how you too can make Konqueror use WebKit by default.
- First of all, install kpart-webkit with the command
sudo apt-get install kpart-webkit
- Then execute the command given below
- Go to the tab Embedding and under Service Preference Order, click on WebKit and move it at the top by clicking on the Move Up button.
- Click on Apply and then Ok.
- Now open Konqueror and open any website you want. It will use WebKit by default.