Banshee is an open-source media player which is available for both Linux and Mac OS X. The latest version of Banshee, Banshee 1.5.3 aka 1.6 Beta 4 was released yesterday. In this article we will show you how to install it in Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala.
The new release brings a lot of new features like:
- A new sync device from playlist option
- Audiobooks library extension
- Library-folder watcher extension
- eMusic importer/downloader extension
- GIO file backend supporting non-local files
To install Banshee 1.5.3 in Ubuntu 9.10, we shall make use of the Banshee Daily PPA. To install, follow the following steps:
- Open terminal.
- Add the Banshee Daily PPA with the command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:banshee-team/banshee-daily
- Update the software list with:
sudo apt-get update
- Install Banshee 1.5.3 with the command
sudo apt-get install banshee