Although an RPM build is already available on the Virtualbox download page for Fedora 10, but on installing it you will be prompted with errors such as unavailability of kernel sources. Anyhow virtualbox gets installed but many of it's features may not work correctly unless you correctly install the kernel sources and recompile the kernel with the virtualbox module. In this tutorial we will deal with steps that will help you to successfully install the latest Virtualbox on your Fedora 10 system. 1) Download the latest Virtualbox build for Fedora from the Virtualbox download website and install it. (As of writing this article, the latest Virtualbox build was 2.1.4)
2) Install the kernel sources (kernel - devel package) and the make utility.
3) Now you have to re-run the setup for Virtualbox using the following command
4) If you are required to fix your SELINUX permissions then you can do so using the following command
5) This is an optional step. If you execute the following command below then your username will be added to the virtualbox group and then you can run Virtualbox even as a non previleged user.
6) Now you can start Virtualbox either from the command line using virtualbox command or you can launch it from Applications > System Tools > Sun xVM Virtualbox.