Windows 8 era has begun. Microsoft recently made available the Developer Preview disk images of their latest Windows 8 Operating system. Although, we have been showing you many leaked previews and images of Windows 8 prior to this. But there is nothing more Awesome than experiencing the real thing!
We have already shared the download links of both the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions of the Developer preview of Windows 8 operating system. Click here to go ahead and find out the download links for your desired Windows 8 edition.
We all know that Windows 8 has some amazing enhancements. But all this amazing stuff comes at the cost of your system resources for eg. CPU power, RAM etc. So let us take a close look at the basic minimum system requirements for Windows 8:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- RAM (Random Access Memory) requirements are again very high, but these have become a standard for most modern computing. 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM for the 32-bit edition of Windows 8 or 2 GB RAM if you are running the 64-bit edition.
- Windows 8 takes up around 16 GB hard disk space if it's the 32-bit edition and if you are using the 64-bit edition, you need to have 20 GB of free space in order to install Windows 8.
- A DirectX 9 compatible graphics device preferably with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- If you plan to use it on a touch device like a Tablet, then you need to have a supported touch Input, for instance a multi-touch enabled touch screen.