Gnumeric 1.1 released with new features
After about two years of development, the Gnumeric developers have announced the release of version 1.10.0 of the spreadsheet application. The first stable release in the 1.10.x series includes several changes, updates and improvements. This release removes the 65,536 row restriction on spreadsheets and includes many new functions, better OpenDocument Format (ODF) support, new statistical analysis tools, and a new utility for searching spreadsheet files.
Some notable changes and improvements of Gnumeric 1.1 are:
- Removal of the 256 columns by 65,536 rows restriction on spreadsheets.
- New ssgrep utility allows users to better search collections of spreadsheet files.
- Improved statistical analysis tools and new tools.
- Improved support for the OpenDocument Format (ODF).
- Excel and OpenFormula function compatibility updates.
- Faster spreadsheet evaluation and lower memory usage when using a large number of calls.
- Graph improvements, such as new plot types, and cubic splines interpolation.
[via The H Open]