You Are Here: Home » Uncategorized
How to rename Google Drive folder on Apple Mac OS
If you use Google Drive on your Apple computer, here is how you can rename the Google Drive folder. Now if you ask me why would anyone want to rename their Google Drive folder, there could be a multiple reasons - for instance, you do not like a space in the Folder Name 🙂
- First you need to Quit Google Drive app - the app is actually called Backup and Sync from Google officially. (You can find it in the Applications folder)
- Rename ~/Google Drive/ folder to whatever you want (Normally found inside the user's home folder)
- Next, you need to Open Google Drive ( Backup and Sync from Google ) and wait for it to complain that the folder is missing
- Next, you can click the menu item and click the warning item
- Now, Click "Locate Folder.." button on the right in window that pops up and point it to the newly renamed folder
- Next, if you see another dialog that pops up asking you about the location of FinderSyncAPIExtension - Where is Finder Sync API Extension?
Simply, select the Backup and Sync from Google app from the list of applications that you see in the same dialog.
Thanks, you are now all set!