If you are one of those heavy users of the Google Tasks (that appears inside GMail), then there is some good news for you. The GMail team is soon going to incorporate 5 new useful features into the Google Tasks service. We feel that the features will be actually good as these are among the ones suggested by users themselves to Google!
Although we have not written much about the Google Tasks service in some time but here is post which we wrote long time back that shows how you could use Google Tasks as a standalone app without logging into Gmail. Here are the 5 new features which you are going to see any time soon on GMail Tasks:
- Ability to create repeating tasks: This is a good feature as it will just involve looking through an existing task in the history and then just bring it back again, saves you on typing time and effort.
- Reminders and notifications: This is a vital feature as without the notifications, the task lists become useless!
- Sharable task lists: Cannot comment much on this as why would any one want to share their daily task lists with someone else else they are the user's loved ones
- Tasks API and synchronization: This was much required as it will allow developers to create awesome applications based on the GMail Tasks framework.
- Visual distinction for overdue tasks: We would say this was not a much required feature.
One feature that we would like to see is the ability of users for setting a priority level for their Tasks. Hope the GMail Team is listening
via GMail Blog