KDE 4.3.1 is now available
Exactly a month after the release of KDE 4.3, the KDE team has released KDE 4.3.1. This is not a new release but rather a bugfix release of KDE 4.3 with a few new improvements. So, if you are using KDE 4.3 (or even any older version of KDE), it is recommended that you upgrade it to the new release.
There are plenty of bugs from KDE 4.3 fixed in this version. However, some notable bug fixes are as listed below:
- More than 25 bugs fixed in KMail, KDE's default email client (remember that KMail was the buggiest application in KDE 4.3).
- Many bugs in kwin, KDE's window and compositing manager (something like Compiz, for those of you who doesn't follow), most notably the bugs with the wobbly windows effect, has been fixed.
- The bug which caused konqueror to crash when doing "Close all other tabs" has been fixed.
- kio_fish, which allows for remote file manipulation through SSH, now works.
- Editing toolbar setup no longer results in a crash.
For those of you who do not use KDE in English more complete translation for the other supported languages has been added and a new language, Croatian, has also been added. You can see the complete changelog here.
To upgrade to KDE 4.3 in Ubuntu/Kubuntu 9.04
If you have recently, upgraded to KDE 4.3, you will get it in your reccomended updates and you can just upgrade it from there. However, if you you are with an earlier version, open terminal/konsole and run the following commands one after the another.
sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backport/ubuntu jaunty main' >> /etc/apt/sources.list"
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 8AC93F7A
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade